EBS Fafner
Jackbass6 Jackbass6
Published on 04/19/04 at 08:06
FAFNIR the head amp is a hybrid, with one and only one lamp (12AX7) which is a monster job!
It delivers 600Watts and drops below 2 ohms Speakon connectors jacck and (2 Speakon taken).
The settings are simplest and most effective.
Bass (+ boost), Medium with adjustable frequencies, Trebble more boost, gain boost and are quite volume.Les testis. Note that the major boost tends to give more punch to the grave, and not to soften.
To this, add an adjustable s bright dosed from 0 to 10.Ce bright lines slap makes absolutely magical.
Another great success of Fafner, c is the compressor (no doubt, is in EBS). It is simple and wonderful!
Last SETTING: The drive that mix the importance of the lamp in the sound, since the warm sound of all-tube amp (yes) to fuzz of a true big muff. A switch lets give more roundness to this drive.

C is an amp head to the simplest that I know with the mesa 400 +.
The sound is good whatever you do.
The settings of the bright, the drive and compression aisment can get all the nuances of what I want, despite the simplicity of the basic Aqualisa.
No I have not had a manual with, but the head speaks of itself, and all that you need to know is in the detail on the site of EBS: www.bass.se

Frankly, I find no defect at that head, which, in addition to the head to be the warmest and clearest that I know, is incredibly versatile.
I mainly play it with a warwick corvette and Jazzbass (fna jazzman and proline).
I have never heard Jazzbass ring as well as in this amp (but that is c can be also because that s not an ordinary Jazzbass).
The slap sound is beyond my expectations of son.Les smooth sounds are very precise, and maintain a dynamic formidable.Les metal sounds are beautiful.

EBS has signed an amp crazy, which is largely above the other heads EBS n I like it (strangely).
I have the head ready for two months, and I have an ampeg head SVT3Pro before purchasing this Fafner.
I do not regret this purchase, because I've easily found the sounds with my ampeg.
I also know the head mesa 400 + is an all-tube head, and I n ay have no envy (not even the expensive maintenance of lamps, and the weight lol).
The price of quality rapprot Fafner is still very honest when you see the quality of such engin.POur the same price, you can find the svt3pro d ampeg.

C is an amp ESSAYER.Pour me, the best amp out there.
The head of my amp as much surprised that she met my!