Fender Bassman 100 (Silverface)
Fender Bassman 100 (Silverface)

Bass Guitar Amp Head from Fender belonging to the Bassman series.

Mikus62 Mikus62
Publié le 07/04/06 à 01:31
All-tube amp head product from 1972 to 1976
Power of 100W with 4 6L6GC
Or rather to the effects of the shade there are a small switches on the two inputs DEEP BASS instrument Bright and Normal inputs on both instrument and of course a master volume to do cruncher.

The configuration could not be easier
Two instrument inputs BASS VOLUME - Trebble - BASS
Two instrument inputs NORMAL VOLUME - Trebble - MIDDLE - BASS
This gives a good sound from the start.
No manual, but finding his own sound takes some time, matter of taste.

This amp suits my style of Blues music - rock, but many other styles.
I play this amp with an old Italian SG copy, a GODIN sdxt and sometimes I'm an aunt LOW Aria Pro II TSB-400. As I await an effect MAXON OD-808. It varies more or less the attack and the sounds by changing the lamp preamp.
The sound and less crystalline than a TWIN and notes the further, no need for reverb. Easily obtained a crunch (vol 9 or 10 TREB 9 - Mid 6.5 - 7.5 vol bass master 4) perfect for bluesy sounds this amp fully respects the characteristics of the instruments connected to it.
I do not hate the sound of this machine. I use it in a 2x12 LEGEND 121.

I use it for several months but has for many years (bought down)
I like its look and what its type fender vintage, it is a bit heavy but it is the poor weight distribution that makes transportation a little boring.
I have not tried many other models before this one, I owned a transistor amp SISMI head and a very old VOX I stupidly sold my youth ...
Bought down to 250 GB at the time the price / quality ratio is good (relamping and repair about 200 euros)
I do it again this choice with his eyes closed, if I see one in the same price I bought it without thinking.