Gallien Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien Krueger 700RB-II

700RB-II, Bass Guitar Amp Head from Gallien Krueger in the RB series.

MGR/Billy 03/17/2011

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II : MGR/Billy's user review

"Gallien Krueger 700 RB-II"

This is a 700 RB-II model bass amp put out by Gallien Krueger.

The Gallien Krueger bass heads have been a staple of the rock and roll club backline circuit for years. They are loud, clean and realiable.

I was interested in the 700RB-II because it was a new and improved take on a classic amplifier. It normally costs $600. I bought mine used and have not had any issues with it.

This amp puts out 480 watts at 4 ohms with an additional 50 watt high frequency output. It works like a crossover. The setup really shines with my Hartke 1 15' XL cab and a home made 2 10' speaker cab with EV speakers. Loud and clear highs and thumpin lows.

The DI out makes things easy when gigging as all I need from a soundman is an XLR cable.

The 4 band EQ rocks. GK does the hi and low midrange knobs which is a nice option.

No reason to not like this amp.

I have this mounted safely in a 2 space SKB rack. I have read these over heat. I have not had this trouble, but just a warning to be smart. You can purchase a small fan for a couple bucks and mount it on the back of your rack.

There is a reason why Gallien Krueger amps have been around for years in rock clubs. Great, no fuss work horses.