Line 6 LowDown LD15
Line 6 announced the availability of its LowDown LD15 15W bass combo.
According to Line 6, the LowDown LD15 pushes 15 watts through a punchy 8" speaker and features four channels and three Smart Control FX.
It is supposed to deliver a wide range of essential sounds for every bass player. Clean aims at providing a pristine fusion and funk bass tone perfect for slap, R&B is a tribute to those fat Motown bass tones, Rock captures the seminal tones of classic 8x10 stadium rock amplifiers that have appeared on innumerable stages and recordings and, Grind, as the name suggests, was designed to supply plenty of punchy aggression and distortion for that modern rock bass tone. Each model’s parameters are fully adjustable, and can be stored for instant recall at the touch of a button.
The three Smart Control FX on the front panel of LowDown LD15 offer a variety of tonal options which the brand claims to be unprecedented in a 15-watt bass amplifier. The Filter delivers a funky wah sound, the Chorus is described as transparent, smooth and expressive while not reducing the low-end from your bass signal, While the Octaver produces a single note one octave below the note played to add a powerful vibe to any jam.
A dedicated studio-grade opto compressor model provides a smooth and consistent signal at any volume. This is ideal for every bass player for leveling out the dynamics of your attack. An LED lights up to signify when the compressor hits -5dB of gain reduction.
LowDown LD15 offers pro-grade tone control reminiscent of that of higher-priced bass rigs. Broad-sweeping Bass, Lo-Mid, Hi-Mid and Treble controls make it easy to find the sound you're looking after, while the dedicated Drive knob gives you the opportunity to add a little extra character.
For jamming and practicing, the LowDown LD15 features a CD/MP3 input for playing along to any music, plus a headphone output which can also be used for easy direct recording.
MSRP: £94.00 (Inc. VAT)
- 15 watts; 8" speaker
- 4 fully adjustable Line 6 bass models including Clean, R&B, Rock and Grind; 4 user-programmable channel memories
- 3 Smart Control FX for bass including Envelope Filter, Octaver and Chorus; adjustable opto Compressor with threshold LED
- Tone control features Bass, Lo-Mid, Hi-Mid, Treble, and Drive knobs
- CD/MP3 input for playing along to any music; headphone/recording output ideal for practicing and direct recording
Viewers of this article also read...
- Vox amPlug Bass VOX has added two new models to its amPlug range of palm-sized, battery powered, headphone guitar amplifiers: the amPlug Lead and amPlug Bass.
- SR Technology JAM BB300 SR Technology presents the JAM BB300 combo, a new model which was designed specifically for use with double basses (hence the "BB" in the name) but also acoustic, fretless and jazz basses, as well as cellos.
- Aguilar Tone Hammer Preamp/D.I. Aguilar Amplification announces that shipment has now begun for the Tone Hammer™ Preamp/D.I..