Marshall presents new MB bass amp models
Marshall Amplification displays its MB Series of bass amplifiers with eight new models - four combos, one head and three extension cabinets - that join the MB15 and MB30 models.
Developed and engineered by the company's renowned R&D department, the MB series is the result of end user feedback, plus stringent design, construction and quality control testing.
The new models are:
- MB60: 60-Watt, hybrid 1x12" combo
- MB150: 150-Watt, hybrid 1x15" combo
- MB450H: 450-Watt, hybrid head
- MB4210: 450-Watt, hybrid 2x10" combo
- MB4410: 450-Watt, hybrid 4x10" combo
- MBC115: 300-Watt, 1x15" bass reflex cabinet with H.F. horn
- MBC410: 600-Watt, 4x10" bass reflex cabinet with H.F. horn
- MBC810: 1200-Watt, 8x10" bass reflex cabinet with H.F. horn
Each new amp features two totally independent, footswitchable channels: Classic and Modern. Designed for slap and other modern styles, the Modern channel offers crispness and crystal clarity as well as a built-in, variable compressor. The Classic channel boasts an ECC83 preamp tube and features a Gain control plus a Boost switch, allowing users to dial in exactly the amount of "grit" desired for their tone. To further enhance the tonal versatility of these two channels, the active 3-band EQ on the Modern channel features semi-parametric Mid controls while the passive 3-band EQ on the Classic channel features an adjustable, 3-way mid Voice control.
Additional features provide advanced functionality for today's bass player: a series FX loop, Passive/Active input selection, XLR DI line out (pre or post), built-in limiter, CD/MP3 input and a headphone jack for silent practice.
The MB450H, MB4210 and MB4410 models also offer a footswitchable channel blend facility that has controls for both Blend and Volume, giving the user three unique tonal options that are instantly accessible via the two-way footswitch. Combined Speakon®/ jack sockets further add to the professional feature set of these three units.
Post a comment
Viewers of this article also read...
- Top e-bass models After polling the Audiofanzine community for their favorite DAWs and electric guitars, the time has come to find which are their favorite basses. Who will share the throne with Ableton Live and the Fender Stratocaster among the big winners of this year?
- [MUSIKMESSE] LTD introduces two multi-scale basses LTD has introduced the B-1004SE Multi-scale bass as well as its 5-string version, the B-1005SE.
- [MUSIKMESSE][VIDEO] Live from the Hotone booth At the Musikmesse, Hotone present a large collection of guitar pedals and mini amp heads.