Genz-Benz GB 210T-XB2

All user reviews for the Genz-Benz GB 210T-XB2

Bass Guitar Speaker from Genz-Benz belonging to the XB2 series.

• MGR/BillyMGR/Billy

Genz Benz 210T-XB2

Genz-Benz GB 210T-XB2Published on 11/08/10 at 15:00
    This is the 2x10 XB bass cab put out by Genz Benz. It is built to handle 350 watts at 8 ohms. It is black carpeted with an offset gray speaker baffle featuring 2 10' drivers, a tweeter and 4 ported holes on the bottom.

I bought it off of Ebay for $100. I thought it was the deal of the century. New I think they went for $700. It was in great shape when I got it and I sold it with plenty of life left in it 4 years later.

I loved how powerful it was. It was meant to be used as just a top speaker cabinet, but I would play many gigs with that as my stand alone cab. The tweeter was fully adjustable. I'd dial more highs in as my strings aged, even all the way up the tweeter was not noisy. The bass response was incredible. Mind you it had 4 ports and is very oversized for a 2x10 cabinet.

The cab was bulky. It wasn't the cab you 'quickly' grabbed to throw in the back of your trunk to go jam with the boys. It was the last piece of gear your dreaded carrying up and down steps. It never fit easily in my trunk and the black carpet took a beating and started to fray and not look so attractive on stage.

Wow! This cab was built like a tank. You could drive a car into it going 60 mph and you'd damage your car first! Well built, solid handles and an under estimated power rating. Plenty of times I ran a 1000 amp (not full power) into it and the speakers showed no signs of stopping.

A great cab for those without back problems! The power handling was impressive as well as the tone. The only reason I got rid of mine was due to lack of storage. I'd buy another one if the price was right.