[NAMM] New Manley Core channel strip
In a few hours, Manley will debut at NAMM 2014 its new Core tube channel strip, which should be available later this year.
Core is a fully analog tube channel strip that features a mic preamp, a compressor, an equalizer and a limiter.
- Mic preamp with 40dB-60dB gain and Manley IRON transformer
- Class A tube (triode) amplifier
- Line level amp with 20dB - 40dB gain
- +48V phantom power
- Switchable high-pass filter at 120Hz
- Phase inverter
- Input attenuation pad
- Switchable ELOP compressor (the same as on the VoxBox) placed before the mic preamp with a fixed 3:1 ratio and continuously variable attack, release and threshold controls
- 3 band EQ: High and Low Baxandall shelves (80Hz and 120Hz) with a ±12dB range and sweepable (100Hz - 1kHz or 1 - 10kHZ) bell mids with a ±10dB range
- Fast attack Brickwall FET limiter with LED meter, output gain control on a 10dB range and continuously variable threshold and release controls
- Analog VU-meter with selectable compressor gain reduction, mic preamp output or main output level
- 1/4” direct input with solid-state circuit (similar to the DI in the Manley SLAMI), 10M Ohm impedance
- Balanced XLR mic input
- Balanced XLR line input
- Front 1/4” instrument input
- 1/4” TRS insert point between the mic preamp/compressor and the EQ/limiter
- Balanced XLR post compressor/preamp direct output
- Balanced XLR main output
The Manley Core channel strip will be available during Q2, 2014 with a US price of $250.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Allen & Heath Qu-24 digital mixer Allen & Heath will introduce today to the NAMM 2014 visitors the big brother of the Qu-16 mixer, the Qu-24 30 x 24 digital model.
- [NAMM] M-Audio BX Carbon active monitors M-Audio will introduce tomorrow at the NAMM Show 2014 the new BX Carbon active monitor series, with three compact models.
- [NAMM] Sennheiser Laser Drum Microphone Sennheiser will showcase tomorrow at NAMM 2014 a new microphone concept for drums that uses laser technology.