Universal Audio has announced the shipment of the LA-610 Mk II Classic Tube Recording Channel, a feature enhanced, 2nd generation version of UA's analog product.
The preamp and compressor use the same signal path as the original LA-610, and features the 610 mic-pre and EQ section combined with an LA-2A style T4 opto-compressor. The LA-610 Mk II now offers key enhancements such as: true compressor bypass, larger metering, improved output signal performance, and the highly popular “black on black” cosmetics of the LA-610 Signature Edition.
LA-610 Mk II KEY FEATURES:
- Based on Legendary Bill Putnam 610 Tube Mic Pre and EQ Used on Countless Recordings Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-style T4 Opto-Compressor
- Complete Vintage Channel-Strip at Groundbreaking Price Within Project Studio Reach
- Mic Pre with Gain and Level controls, Selectable Impedance and DI for Recording Tone “Color”
- Mk II Features such as True Bypass, Larger Metering and Improved Signal Output
- UA Build Quality and Heritage, Audiophile Components, Hand-Assembled in the USA
Mk II IMPROVEMENTS:
- True Bypass of the Compressor Circuit
- Larger and Better Lit Metering
- Improved Output Signal Performance
- Auto-Sensing Universal Power Supply
- Improved stability with feedback-style shelving EQ
- Improved consistency with Input Gain values
- LED Jewel Light Never Needs Replacing
The LA-610 will have an MSRP of US$1999 and a MAP of US$1599.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.