Lp Congas
Lp Congas
Publié le 08/26/09 à 15:48
I recently used the LP Congas for a recording session and I'm really happy with the way they sounded as they did the job quite well.  I've done a lot of recording with different LP percussion instruments and this is one of my favorite ones.  As far as I'm concerned, LP is the best when it comes to offering high quality percussion at a fair price and I look to them for all of my percussion needs.  I'm not a drummer or a percussionist, but I can play basic parts when I need to and that's what I did with these.  While I'm not the best conga player by a long shot, these do have a really great sound that is full and well rounded.  The skins feel good on your hand and they make it as easy as possible for you to get a sound that you are happy with.  The large size of the LP Congas make them resonant a great deal which adds to their big sound.  As far as recording them goes, what I usually do is place either a Beyer Dynamic M88 or a Sennheiser 421 about six to eight inches away from the skins and that gives you a pretty accurate sound on these guys.  However, there are endless techniques that will sound good as these are good sounding congas to begin with which is the most important thing for getting a good sounding recording.  The price of the LP Congas is very reasonable which makes it accessible for players on all levels and budgets.  It is hard to find consistently good sounding instruments at good prices, but thats just what LP offers.  If you are looking for a great sounding conga that won't cost you too much money, the LP Congas are the way to go.