Stagg BM-CR16
Stagg BM-CR16

Crash Cymbal from Stagg belonging to the Black Metal series.

drummer76 drummer76

«  A cymbal rather bad »

Publié le 08/14/10 à 09:25
I had the opportunity to try this crash in our rehearsal room, so I used throughout our repeated, ie more or less 2 hours. Of course, I do not have and it may there are some points I did not hear. However, for me this is bad cymabale. Touch is not pleasant at all and we must attack by positioning his stick to a particular way for a crashing sound. A miscalculated and hit the cymbal sound emits almost wrinkle (a good ride 16 ", but a sound ride anyway ^ ^), we obtain a" Ting "instead of a conventional crashing sound. The tone about it, is not "bad", do not lie is not the shit, it produces a high pitched with almost no sustain. I understand very little about the name "Metal", the sound is too bright and flat soon to be heard in Metal. M'enfin I will not judge this cymbal on this aspect because I play Punk Rock. Finally last point, the look of the cymbal is very ugly (my opinion of course ...) it looks like merely a slab of half-rusted iron. Well of course the price is very low (I think it is around the 65 €), but those who hesitate on this model, save you and turn slightly to the PST3 or PST5 at Paiste or Zildjian ZHT in (a little more expensive, I should).