[AES] Fairlight Quantum
At the AES 2012 show Fairlight will introduce and debut their new Fairlight Quantum, an Audio Post Console.
Quantum is an Audio Post Production System combining Fairlight’s hardware and software, recording, editing, mixing, plug-ins, MIDI and video with a fully integrated, 12 or 24 fader console suitable for film, video and music studio and post production facilities.
Quantum offers a tactile control surface with faders, switches, knobs and jogger wheel, augmented with touch screen and mouse based functions. The motorised faders combine with a dual row of rotary encoders to provide touch-triggered automation of all mixing parameters. The system touch screens complement the physical controls with multiple switching options and project navigation.
Quantum includes an embedded Edit controller utilizing Fairlight's Picture Keys. These adapt their appearance and function for navigation with fewer keystrokes, according to Fairlight. The control surface is designed to reinvent itself for each task. Fairlight’s iCan technology with drag-and-drop Layout Editor allows Audio Engineers to design their own button layouts for specialised functions. Also available are flexible mounting systems to attach speakers and screens from the rear of the console.
As part of the Fairlight range it is file format compatible with all Fairlight products, and provides workflows for most SD and HD file formats. The CC-1 Media engine supports up to 192 disk recorder tracks, 230 mixing channels and 2 HD video tracks for 3D work. Included is support for up to 256 inputs and outputs, built-in EQ and dynamics for every channel, access to VST plug-ins and instruments, and mixing to multiple bus destinations up to 7.1 wide. The Quantum Audio Post Production System is designed to interface to popular server architectures.
- Console with up to 24 faders, 2 or 3 TFT screens, control-room and studio monitoring, talkback, joystick and space for a mouse.
- Unlimited functional scope
- Footprint with optional 2-bay or 3-bay console frame.
- Designed to be suited for Audio Engineers working in Broadcast or Audio Post with limited studio space requirements.
Check out Fairlight for more.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [AES] Sontronics Sonora 2 Sontronics will introduce its Sonora 2 preamp/DI at AES in San Francisco.
- Reloop Wave 8 & Wave 5 Available Reloop have announced that their active DJ & producer reference monitor station Reloop Wave 5 and Wave 8 are available now.
- [AES] Serpent Audio Splice Serpent Audio announces the "Splice" Dual FET Compressor.