[NAMM] Line 6 StageScape M20d
Line 6, Inc. (NAMM room 212A/B) introduces StageSc M20d, the world's first smart mixer for live sound.
Featuring a touchscreen visual mixing environment, StageScape M20d features multi-channel recording and remote control capabilities via one or more iPad devices.
A visual mixing system replaces the traditional mixer channel strip with touchscreen control. In Perform Mode, a graphic display of the stage setup uses icons to represent each performer or input. Colour-coded encoders provide access to level control. A touch on a performer's icon is designed to give access to all parameters relating to that channel, "from basic tweaks through deep effects editing," according to Line 6.
The audio signal chain can be controlled via an X-Y tweak pad. You can drag a finger toward common sound descriptors like "bright" or "dark" and multiple parameters are designed to adjust simultaneously. Deep Edit mode is designed to give experienced operators access to effect parameters via a familiar plug-in style interface.
StageScape M20d features an auto-sensing mic and line inputs and outputs that can detect when a connection is made and automatically configure the channel gain, EQ, effects and routing.
- 12 digitally controlled, auto-sensing mic/line inputs
- 4 additional auto-sensing line inputs
- 2 digital streaming inputs from computer, USB drive or SD card
- Stereo line inputs for integrating MP3 players or other sound sources
- 4 auto-sensing monitor outputs on balanced XLR connectors
- 2 auto-sensing main outputs on balanced XLR connectors
- L6 LINK multi-channel digital networking for integrating L6 LINK enabled speaker systems
- 7-inch full-colour touchscreen visual mixing environment
- Remote control capability via one or more iPad or iPad 2 devices via an optional USB WiFi adapter
- Multi-channel recording to computer, USB drive or SD card
- Quick-capture recording to internal memory for sound check
- Internal 32-bit floating point audio processing
- DSP power provides parametric EQs, dynamic EQs, compressors, multi-band compressors, gates, delays, limiters and more
- Multi-band feedback suppression on every mic input
- 4 stereo master effects engines including reverbs, delays and vocal doubler
- Virtually unlimited I/O setups, scenes, and channel processing presets.
Learn more at line6.com/stagescape.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Video Mackie DL1608 @NAMM Video Mackie DL1608 @NAMM
- [NAMM] Waves PuigChild 670 Jack Joseph Puig (John Mayer, U2, Lady Gaga) has joined forces with Waves to introduce the PuigChild Hardware Compressor.
- [NAMM] Avid VENUE SC48 Remote The VENUE SC48 Remote System features the SC48 digital console paired with the new VENUE Stage 48 remote box.