Renegade Labs is now shipping its M16 Digital Edit Suite Audio Mixer control surface for the company's 328 | MXE processing chassis.
Targeted at video editing facilities, the M16 uses the 328|MXE chassis and accepts up to 32 input channels of analog, mic-level, AES-format, and SD/HD SDI signals, routing to eight analog / digital outputs. Additional outputs can be added in either analog, digital or SD / HD SDI-embedded formats.
The M16 was developed by expanding the firm's eight-channel Blue|328 and Gray|328 digital audio mixers, which use Renegade Labs' smaller control surfaces.
Designed for edit-system control in linear edit suites, the M16 can communicate to an edit controller with ESAM II protocol via an RS-422 serial port, according to the manufacturer. Video-centric operation is designed to be enhanced by separate rows of buttons for Program or Preset assignment of audio to the faders, along with an edit system-controlled preview switcher. The Auto To / From feature is designed to provide access to the 32 inputs under edit control, thereby eliminating the need to switch banks or recall registers during edits to access more inputs. The control panel can be either rack-mounted (8 RU) or used in Tabletop mode.
M16 Digital Edit Suite Audio Mixer features:
- Eight-channel monitoring, including configurable matrix with Surround Sound modes and stereo downmix
- Built-in Preview Switcher designed to allow for monitoring of Record machine without tying up faders
- 16-Button keypad matrix offers simple control of input assignments, output routing, monitor configurations, and memory registers
- 16 Video frames of audio delay are available to fix even the toughest of A/V sync problems
- 16-channel three-band parametric equalizer along with integral dynamics processor
- 100 mm faders along with unity LEDs for level adjustments
- Dedicated pan pots for output panning
- Program and preset busses provide video centric operations
For more on the new M16 Digital Edit Suite Audio Mixer, visit renegadelabs.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.