Boss BR-1180/1180CD Digital Recording Studio
Boss BR-1180/1180CD Digital Recording Studio

BR-1180/1180CD Digital Recording Studio, Digital Multrack-studio from Boss in the BR series.

MGR/angry and disappointed 08/31/2011

Boss BR-1180/1180CD Digital Recording Studio : MGR/angry and disappointed's user review

« Boss BR-1180CD »

I'm singer/songwriter and I use this unit to work out arrangements and ideas which I then burn .wave files to take to a pro studio. I then overdub to the recorded tracks.

Purchased it at a Guitar Center about 6 yrs ago for about $1K. I wanted a recorder that was user friendly with good sound quality.

The sound quality for my purposes is adequate as I don't usually mix or master on the unit, but finish the process in a studio.

After about 5 yrs of use, my cd/rw burner went out and upon calling the Roland Help Ctr. I'm told that there is no replacement part !! There are files I've been working on on the hard drive which I cannot export via cd !@#$!! Now the unit is worthless after spending about $1K investment which I thought should last longer.
ROLAND US sucks !!

Roland product buyers should have the support they need ( i.e. replacement parts ) to be able to use their products for many years to come.

DO NOT BUY BR1180-CD !!!!! unless u don't mind scrapping it for lack of parts !!!