Boss BR-8 Digital Recording Studio
Boss BR-8 Digital Recording Studio

Digital Multrack-studio from Boss belonging to the BR series.

MGR/Anonymous MGR/Anonymous

« Boss BR-8 Digital Multi-Track Studio »

Published on 06/29/01 at 15:00
I purchased the Boss BR-8 digital recorder as a kind of present to myself after plugging away throughout the summer taking on multiple jobs in addition to my day time work.After seeing the Boss BR-8 advertised in Guitar Player for several months I decided to take a nice long ride with the House of Guitars as my destination.I purchased the unit for $700.00 with about several thousand dollars in features tucked inside.

Imagine being able to summon forth various Classic amp sounds at the push of a button or twist of a knob? Imagine being able to plug in an acoustic/electric and create tracks kept clean in the digital domain? Imagine building your original by layering tracks in sync within 30 minutes of plugging in the BR-8. The BR-8 is the hottest studio to roll down the tracks for guitarists since the invention of the World Wide Web.You're talking some serious and very user-friendly song-writing tools here!All these jams and ideas now have the BB-8 to become an audible scratchpad thanks to BOSS.

I find very little to gripe about with the BR-8! Obviously,quite a bit of thought and feedback are reflected in the unit's layout and approach.

The BR-8 is very solid and the quality of construction as well as the internal patches and sounds are downright amazing.When I was kneehigh to a guitar pick,the stuff embodied in this digital recorder was merely the stuff of dreams when I was a kid learning to strum.

Bottom Line? If you are into writing songs and would like to get an idea what all the parts in your head sound like in a short period of time with a minor learning curve,invest in the BR-8!