Tascam DP-24
Johnny Diamond Johnny Diamond

« Excellent Alternative to DAW Recording »

Published on 06/10/22 at 18:20
Audience: Anyone
I first bought the DP-24 SD but changed for the older version with CD Burner and Midi. This was not necessary as I’ve never used those extra features.

However I have recorded an entire album on this in my home studio. It’s easy to get started but I would recommend following some YouTube tutorials first if you’re never used this machine before.

You can record up to 8 inputs at once and record in with 16 or 24 Bit quality. I use 24 all the time as the extra storage on the SD card is not a worry when a 32 gig (max you can use) are so cheap to buy.

The audio quality is excellent. And you have the option of doing everything in the box mix down and mastering tools. Or you can export individual stems via usb to a computer as 16 or 24 Bit WAV files for further processing on a DAW if you wish.

The built in dynamic effects are good but limited to the basics.

I found the audio quality of my recordings improved massively over time as I learned more about the technical aspects of recording sound.

I don’t think you will find much better hardware recorder in this price range.

The audio track attached to this review was recorded on this machine.

Images linked to this review

• photo

Audio examples

A New Romantic (On Love St)
00:0004:22