Yamaha MD4S
Published on 12/05/13 at 04:17
IN connector:
2Combos XLR-Jack (micro-line) with insert
2Jack 6.35 mic or line for tracks 3 & 4
4Jack 6.35 for additional mixing (line 5-8)
2 RCA 2TR

OUT connector:
2 RCA Stereo Master
2 RCA stereo Monitor
4 RCA out independently tracks (great for amplified returns)
1 Headphone Jack 6.35

2 AUX Send
1 Punch I / O facade
MIDI IN / OUT / THRU for complete sync MTC and MMC

16bits/44.1kHz
MD as its name suggests (supports MD-DATA 37min for 4 tracks, MD 60 and 74 of the 2 tracks or mono. He does not like 80Minutes

Just missing a digital I / O, but hey, it's already not bad for what it can do the beast

Easy setup if you have already dabbled in real mixing desk or gear Yam (relative to the signal routing options)
Quite clear manual in all
For the rest, everything falls to hand, so well designed.

Thereupon I do not épancherai me. This is the MD, so what goes in is found out. No built-in effects, fair opportunity to insert the first 2 tracks and send / return in the final mix.

Few years, I got secondhand for 100 €.
I was tired of lugging me with a Sony standalone player then my Denon DN-M2300R, good for transplanting a live set but not for the studio or model.

However since 4-5 months, the fader for track 1 trèèèèèès gets really tired, carbon track must be completely rinsed, and others will probably follow. To find the same faders on the other hand, must hang!

If future I remake that choice, I will take a MD8s, m ^ me but version 8 tracks. For what I actually just ca.
Only big downside, the price of which MD DATA cry. $ 9 / room on the bay and almost € 15 FdP ca sucks!