Zoom R16
Elenel Elenel

«  Quite frankly »

Published on 12/28/13 at 12:38
I got it for cheap (210 €) in December 2013 so I am quite satisfied, money quite impressive report.

The quality seems good, I do not have that concern Jacks stuck in XLR / Jack combo, despite the fact that the outer shell is plastic, manufacturing gives confidence, there is no play in the buttons or in the dial. After course it remains electronics so I guess she would not appreciate a bath or blows ... Otherwise it's fucking light, to believe that its a steal inside.

I use to record my MPC1000 multitrack, but I also have high impedance instruments (ukulele, guitar) This is my first sound card, after a year of beatmaking it's not too early!

Personally ergonomics came to me quite easily after passing through the manual, I can have it be that the MPC makes me drool ...

The quality is exactly what I wanted, no breath, no staining, very good intermediary between my gear and my PC Hardware. If you push a little too preamps there is a little breath on the last quarter of a turn, but I have not had any use for the moment, my MPC delivers all the potatoes and half the instruments enough.

Mode sound card I have problems with my DAW (FL Studio) When I open or close a plugin sound card and freeze out a high-pitched sound until I select another driver and I go back to Asio Zoom R16 ...

As a controller it's pretty plug and play, the config is very short, but with non-motorized faders is impractical, especially as the DAW does not take into account a "notch" when the fader reaches zero level, it juggles quickly unnecessarily so ...
The control buttons (Start, stop, pause, forward, backward, rec ...) by against them are very practical.

Otherwise the effects do their job, the reverb is more natural than the MPC I noticed (At the same time the MPC effects you tell me ..) the guitar effects are fun, this section is highly developed, particularly at the editing effects, or on the other hand we risk getting lost in the sub menus. Luckily for me I have little or no utility.

Short in the end:
+ Audio Quality
+ Portability
+ Machines do
8 tracks that price anyway ...

-No motorized faders
Ergonomics-a little old school if not used
Save 8-track simultaneous mode sound card in the DAW it would have been the foot
Problem-personal with the DAW ...

Remains to see the longevity of the product, fingers crossed ...