< Tous les avis Korg SV-1 73

«  Failure to show? »

Published on 05/13/13 at 03:57
Digital stage piano

73 or 88 keys
Keyboard RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3)
36 sounds (6 banks of 6 sounds)
8 memories to favorites
MIDI In / Out
USB
Dimensions: 1143 x 347 x 154mm
Weight: 17.5 kg

Good stage piano with vintage sounds, ideal for Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Clavinet.
Touching means (I prefer the keyboard Roland FP4 I had before)
step setup: no menus and sub-menus: just the old knobs.

Fan of his vintage Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Clavinet and Hammond, the SV1 was on paper the ideal piano for me ... Regarding vintage electric pianos, I'm not disappointed rhodes and wurly are excellent and especially varied at will. The amp simulation gives them a unique touch. Clavinet excellent, especially with the automatic wha wha.
I am more qualified for acoustic piano sounds. I had a Roland FP4 before, and I much prefer the Roland.
The organ sounds are meanwhile not recommended for anyone who expects to have a clone of hammond. Unlike Clavia here no drawbars, Korg has chosen to focus on a few sounds, and so we did not have much choice in organ textures.
No split keyboard ... damage

I love the piano, but there is a BIG BIG PROBLEM: SV-1 suffers from a defect (apparently standard) and not least. The power cut (the term used by the service technician) loose. it began with a few plantades only a few months after my purchase, and two weeks ago, the piano has not started after a umpteenth Plantade.
The technician at the store where I bought my sv1 told me that this is the fourth failure sv1 in two months, with the same symptoms. The mind boggles. There is talk of a piano to 1800 euros, and talking about the Korg! And finally, the service Korg is taking a loooong time to ship a replacement part. My sv1 is for repair for almost 2 weeks, and I have the unpleasant feeling that it will last ...
I am even more disgusted that without this huge bug, this piano suited me 99%: vintage look, electric piano sounds perfect for me, simultaneous amp very useful: it was a way for me to have a rhodes a wurly and clav in one piano, which is more portable, and as if everything was plugged into a good old tube amp. All SV1 are perhaps not affected by this defect, but mistrust still ...