Korg SV-1 73
Korg SV-1 73

Digital Piano from Korg belonging to the SV-1 series.

phenaste phenaste

«  Very very good product. »

Publié le 01/01/11 à 12:02
After 1 year of use, I am more than satisfied with the KORG SV-1.
The concept is very catchy and you turn you have fun.

The quality is excellent and Rhodes Piano. I read a long review on the forums. Many are pro Clavia Nord Electro or with the North Stage.
Today, I also own a Nord Electro 3 and at Piano and Rhodes, it is dishonest to disparage the KORG SV-1.
I found that the samples embedded in the SV-1 are richer. Certainly, as I've read before, it sounds more acute, but in fact it is as if the sound was cleaner. With the Nord Electro 3, there seems like a veil, you can always change the sounds of origne, but good. In fact the 2 products are in the same court: 2000 € for about the same sounds.

For the SV-1: the quality of pianos with the sympathetic resonance of the rhodes and touch (in expression).
For NE3: Organ section with which the KORG is not able to compete. And sounds and samples that can be downloaded.

I return to the keyboard, touch is very expressive (I had a Fatar VMK-188 +), however the buttons are plastic and there is a slight play, which may bother some who complained of noise and play For my part, even if indeed there is a noise generated by some notes on the keyboard (especially SOL), I'm not really bothered.

Value for money I'd say it's more honest. The V-Piano Roland rises to nearly 5000 €, while the touch ivory is exceptional (I tried) usually is chosen 3 / 4 piano sounds, and that's enough. With the V-Piano, one can make all pianos as you want but there are only pianos.

Weaknesses is that it Monophonic (NE3 like this by the way). The use as a master keyboard is very quickly limited.
There are 6 banks of 6 tones and 8 banks or 44 patches favorites.
It is therefore not possible to drive an expander GM / GS / XG with 128 tones.
Also the buttons are not assignable to MIDI controls: a pity.

For information, the sound generation of keys or click clavinet piano takes on the value associated with the NOTE OFF (80h) if the SV-1 receives 90 hours, he interprets as 80h with 7F as velocity, this results in extreme noise sounds of keys or clicks.

Finally, to summarize, for use in live performance and direct, it is awesome. You can prepare your sound palette with the supplied software, I installed the updates with the batch of associated sounds, all is not to be taken, but there is always 1 or 2 sounds more interesting.

Well, I hope this is useful.