Korg Triton Rack
Korg Triton Rack
phenix! phenix!
Published on 02/02/07 at 17:31
See below.

My first "real" synth (even if an expander is like)

I have since 2001.

A touch screen with touch would have been welcome ...

Juggle menus is tedious ... but hey, you get used to ... especially the stuff I do not use even 50% of its capacity.
The editing possibilities are astronomical sound, you can fiddle with the presets as you want.
Even if it's a synth general, it is rather oriented "electro".

As for the built-in sampler it works well (as an Akai S3000 with whom I worked) rack version had the advantage of more integrated RAM chips as Triton "normal". But, given what is done in soft and the advantage of the hard drive, a program like Soundforge suits me perfectly, and I ca complete the sampler NNXT Reason for treatment.
However it works well, and may eventually replace a sampler for the Live (type of use that I do not)

The lead sounds, pads, choirs and other electronic sounds are quite prodigieuses.Et editing these presets is a real pleasure.

The strings and brass are superb aussi.Les wind instruments are not bad too.

The organs are fabulous, like a plug in B4, for what I do, do not bring me anything special.

Pianos, weakness of the Triton, are not horrible plus.Il not have to take a little longer to edit and mix the sound, but they are quite exploitable.Et Live's enough.

When buying I also took the Vintage card, and the sounds of pads, and other appliances of brass sounds similar ... there are extraordinary croirait.Même it if there is too much in this card big bass sounds good vintage (heavy, powerful).
Not flexible either.

All that is bass, guitar I do not use.

When I bought the Triton-Rack, cétait, first because I had a MIDI keyboard, and then because I wanted the TOP at the time was a no compromis.Ca huge financial investment for me but over the years I thought it was worth it.
The Triton is a synth that has been voted the best synth of the year in consecutive years, it is not for rien.Et new editions are essential references.

For many years, in catalogs, I even watched what was happening in general ... from the synth Triton was not revolutionize the genre I think.
It is still present.
I use it for 6 years and I think I'll use it for at least 6 years, no problem.

Moreover, apart from a digital piano, I also used with a keyboard / guitar Lag THE Key.Et live above all, it's more convenient to work with a synth sound module.
What was more motivated by a purchase price difference at baseline (between the Triton and Triton Rack-normal) has become over time a considerable advantage for me.
It's more convenient and portable (to repeat or Live).

A jewel so it Triton-rack, can be a regret, not buying the card MOSS, which seems t he adds a second synth in Triton, and allows us to access sound and quality can be further ... unmatched today ... what a rack development opportunities insane ... I will surely one day (not yet a priority)