[Musikmesse] Serato Twitch
Twitch has been developed in collaboration with Serato to be a DJ controller with a difference. It comes with Serato ITCH, DJ software that can automatically beat-match tracks, and it has Touchstrip controls for ITCH's new performance tools.
It can also be MIDI-mapped to other DJ software such as Traktor or Ableton Live.
The Twitch control surface comes with two banks of eight large Triggerpads, cross-fader and per-channel Fader FX. The two LED-backlit Touchstrips let you manipulate your tracks using gestures as you would on a multi-touch trackpad or touchscreen. Now, you can grab, pinch, tap and nudge to navigate, perform and improvise with your tunes.
It has four performance modes (Hot Cues, Slicer, Auto Loop and Loop Roll) that interact with ITCH, so you can mash up your tracks and mix them back together. The Hot Cues mode lets you jump to markers in your tracks, and re-trigger up to eight hits, like you can with a sampler.
Slicer mode allows you to re-arrange your tracks while they're still playing using a step sequencer-style user interface. Twitch's Auto Loop and Loop Roll modes allow you to further manipulate tracks and, in combination with the Touchstrips, change loop lengths in the mix to create glitch effects.
Effects can be assigned to the channel faders at the touch of a button, so you can perform tricks with fader movements as well as with the knobs of the Master Effects section.
Twitch is bus-powered - plug in the USB and audio cables to play. It includes a 2-in 4-out USB audio interface with balanced master and booth outputs, which can be connected directly into a PA system or home setup.
Quarter-inch and mini-jack headphone outputs are included. There's also a Mic/Aux channel with mono jack and stereo RCA inputs so vocalists and MCs can be blended with an external audio source, such as an MP3 player, and routed through Twitch's effects and master outputs.
- Comes With Serato ITCH Professional DJ software.
- Touchstrips Tactile, multi-function control.
- Slicer Mode, Chop up beats and create new grooves.
- Compact & Portable Slots anywhere in the DJ Booth.
- 1-to-1 Control In ITCH, Dedicated controls for all ITCH performance functions.
- Case with Aluminium top plate.
- 2-in 4-out Audio Interface, headphones output. Balanced master connections.
- Software Effect Control Blend per-channel Fader FX with assignable master effects.
- Bus-powered USB connection.
- Mic/Aux Input Route a mic and an external audio device through the effects and master outputs.
- Switchable Booth Outputs Choose between master and cue feeds.
- MIDI Compatible To control any DJ software, such as Traktor or Ableton Live.
Pricing & Availability
Twitch will be available worldwide in early July 2011, priced: £399.99 inc. VAT typical street price.
For more information, visit Novation.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Pioneer DJM-T1 On the heels of the release of TRAKTOR SCRATCH DUO 2, Pioneer introduces the DJM-T1 – the first TRAKTOR certified mixer designed to natively control the software’s new features.
- [Musikmesse] Numark M8 Numark introduces the M8, a four-channel DJ mixer with integrated effects.
- [Musikmesse] Rane SL 2 Rane and Serato release the Rane SL 2 for Serato Scratch Live: a two-deck interface with two inputs, two outputs and a USB 2.0 connection.