djDecks v0.99 DX Beta
Beta version 0.99 of djDecks DX is now available for Windows (djDecks DX will be the successor to djDecks).
Although some features are still missing in djDecks DX, it can now do most things that regular djDecks could, and more such as support for the Pioneer CDJ-2000, CDJ-900, Numark Mixdeck and Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx. It is also said to work better with audio CDs, has a more flexible audio interface selection and can also play video files and display picture slideshows.
Advantages of djDecks DX:
- The code for djDecks DX is almost entirely shared with the code for djDecks For Mac, so there will be less code to maintain.
- By using DirectX, the graphics card can do some of the work. Especially for skins that use transparency a lot, this will significantly reduce the cpu power required to run djDecks.
- Because a lot of things are re-written, they perform better, and are better suited for future features.
- Multi-soundcard support is a lot better, so you can mix an ASIO output with a WASAPI output and waveIn inputs if you want. (currently still only one ASIO device can be used at a time though).
- Audio CD support is a lot better, with caching of cddb track data, reading of CD-Text when available and supported, and cd insertion detection to automatically update track data.
- Video playback.
- Options window can also be customized in skins, and any part of it can also be included in scripts, MIDI controllers or other parts of the skin.
- Playlist window is a regular window now, so all features available on regular windows can be used on the playlist window, and all playlist objects can be used on other windows as well (including resizable windows).
- Better logging: Playcount and last play time are stored in the database for each song, and the logs by date also include the time the song was played.
Viewers of this article also read...
- DJ-Tech U2 Station MK2 Review How about mixing MP3 files without a computer? That's the goal of the DJ-Tech U2 Station MK2...
- Xylio FutureDecks Pro v2.0.5 Xylio has updated FutureDecks Pro to version 2.0.5, which includes mp3 encoding (mix export) and several bug fixes.
- [NAMM] Behringer NOX Series DJ Mixers At the coming NAMM, Behringer announced that they will introduce more of their NOX Series DJ Mixers.