Xylio has announced the release of FutureDecks DJ Pro 3.0, a release with 50 new features.
- New interface (skin).
- Scan/import files/folders in the background.
- 4 decks.
- 10 new controllers supported natively:
- HID controllers support.
- MIDI multiple devices.
- MIDI scripting.
- CPU meter.
- Improved internal effects along with added parameters (needs skin that makes the features accessible).
- Much better video including smoother playback.
- Automatic key detection (perfect for harmonic mixing).
- Scan VSTs/AUs on demand (so the app won’t crash on startup if certain incompatible plug-ins are installed).
- Skin support for 4 decks, tabs/panels and scripting.
- DirectX for Windows / OpenGL for the rest platforms by default.
- Video high-quality settings on by default (can’t be disabled).
- Instant loops—RIGHT click press and hold on the loop 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, etc buttons for instant looping while you’re pressing.
- Removed video settings (not needed any more).
- Clicking on time toggles elapsed/remain.
- Karaoke CDG+MP3 zip files playback.
- 48000Hz (48KHz) ASIO + Mac playback – live resampling.
- New setting: Disable Automatic Cueing.
- Favourite folder option (nest directories).
- Auto-mixing also working in external mixer mode.
- Loop points.
- Hot cue points logic changed (if it’s not set, pressing it will set it, if it’s set it will go there directly, if holding the button or right click it – it will delete the cue point).
- Prev/next beat/bar (skip function).
- Added new timecoded vinyl/CD types.
- Improved absolute and relative mode for timecoded vinyl/CD.
- Improved high-quality time-stretching and key shifting.
- Cue points + loops markers + mix in/out points on the whole-wave display (track position sliders).
- Preview video decks (separate).
- Sampler: data is automatically saved (file, pitch, volume, BPM, etc).
- Sampler: send current loop in a deck to a sampler bank (along with BPM and sync capability).
- Sampler: load samples with cue in/out set and keep only that part – trim function (cut samples in a deck using the cue mix in/out points).
- iTunes browser integration.
- Added Audio/Video/Karaoke filters.
- Added color markers to the list tracks.
- Pitch reset when click/right click on value.
- Press Play to continue playing after using CUE hot-starting (you can safely release the CUE button and playback will continue).
- Clicking on the BPM value brings up the BPM edit window.
- Smart sync between the 4 decks.
- Speed improvements.
- Various bug fixes.
Pricing & Availability
FutureDecks DJ pro costs $149 / €109 / £99.
There is a special upgrade offer for B-DJ/FutureDecks/FD Express users and FutureDecks PRO 1.x.x/2.x.x users. The upgrade offer was emailed to the registered users – email Xylio if you didn’t receive the offer.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Reloop Beatmix 4 mk2 Reloop present an mk2 version of their Beatmix 4 DJ controller specifically optimized for Serato.
- NI expands Stems support with Traktor Pro 2 update Native Instruments today released Traktor Pro 2.10.1, a free update that extends control of the Stems format to all Traktor users.
- [NAMM] Rane MP2014 DJ mixer After launching the MP2015 4-channel DJ mixer last year, Rane introduces a 2-channel version, the MP2014.