PRS launches the Angelus Tree of Life limited run
The Tree of Life guitar manufactured this year by PRS’ luthiers is based on an Angelus acoustic model.
The PRS Tree of Life 2014 limited edition is a tribute to the medical profession and more specifically honors the dedication of the staff at the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center. The first model (11 are made in total) has been donated for the Benefit’s auction.
These 2014 special run is based on an Angelus single cutaway guitar on which the luthiers used solid and gold mother of pearl, red coral and Arizona jade to draw a dual helix DNA with flowers and caduceus, the symbol of the medical profession. This symbolic tree of life also extends to the rosette.
- European bearclaw spruce top with curly maple Binding and paua purfling
- Bloodwood sides with black/maple/black purfling
- Bloodwood back with curly maple binding and paua purfling
- Peruvian mahogany wide neck
- Ebony fingerboard with 21 frets
- "Tree of Life" fingerboard inlays consisting of koa, solid mother of pearl, gold mother of pearl, red coral and Arizona jade
- Ebony Headstock Veneer with inlay
- 25.5” scale length
Only 10 guitars will be available for sale at PRS Private Stock dealer network, see the list at prsguitars.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The PRS Archon in a new 25W edition Following the 100W and 50W versions, Paul Reed Smith now completes the Archon series with a 25W guitar combo amp.
- TC Electronic introduces a new Flashback Delay TC Electronic adds to its TonePrint series the Flashback Triple Delay pedal for electric guitar.
- Electro-Harmonix introduces Pitch Fork Pitch Fork, Electro-Harmonix’ new effect pedal, is a polyphonic pitch shifter that can triple the sound of your instrument.