MGR/Bill Wolfe 02/12/2008

Takamine AN16 : MGR/Bill Wolfe's user review

« Takamine AN16 »

• Partager
I played acoustic guitar as a teenager, and about a year and a half ago, after more than 40 years, bought an inexpensive old acoustic and started taking lessons. I had been looking around all the local sources for something better, and kept coming back to this one guitar . . .

The store had a half dozen Takamine guitars hanging in the display, and when I came back a couple of weeks later, only the one I liked best was left -- and the price tag had been reduced from $1299 to $999. The clerk told me they were discontinuing the brand at the store, and this was the last one so I played a while, pondered, bought it, and took it home.

The sound -- what else? And the action was set a little lower than the other brands, which makes those bar chords a little easier for a relative newbie, like me.

So far, I haven't found anything not to like.

There's that great rosewood construction, spruce top, which gives great tones, truly great vibes throughout the range.

I pick this instrument up a half dozen times a day and never get tired of it; it's a keeper!