Roland TR-8 Rhythm Controller
When Roland finally unveiled its AIRA series, the TR-8 rhythm controller, which offers modeled TR-808 and 909 sounds, was one of the four components.
The TR-8 uses Roland’s new Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) modeling technology to recreate the sounds of the classic TR-808 and TR-909 drum machines, and Roland says that, in fact, the TR-8 offers a “full reproduction” of those drum machines.
- Full reproduction of the classic TR-808 and TR-909 rhythm machines, based on original design spec sheets and detailed analog circuit analysis of many original TR machines, including Roland’s own pristine units
- Newly developed Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology allows part-by-part analyses and faithful recreation of tonality and behavior, including the smooth variations of tone that occur when you work the controls of each instrument
- Reproduction of the original TR’s behavior, including unique variations in tone that occur when multiple instruments are entered in accented steps
- Authentic 16-step sequencer with faithful TR-REC behavior, including A and B pattern variations and the ability to play instruments and record to steps in real time
- 16 stunning kits made up of 11 instrument types, including custom dream kits that use both TR-808 and TR-909 sounds
- Large Tempo knob with Tap Tempo button and continuous Fine and Shuffle adjustment knobs
- Control the intensity of the Accent function with a dedicated knob
- Per-step reverb and delay effects with dedicated knobs
- Mix sources connected to the External In jacks with built-in per-step Side Chain function for rhythmic ducking and gating effects
- Scatter lets you freak and tweak your grooves with real-time control and perfect sync
- 7 segment, 4 character LED display and 16 per-step pads with bold, full-color LEDs
- Real-time pattern creation up to 32 steps with on-the-fly step count adjustment
- Rec/Play modes have been eliminated, enabling seamless switching between step input and real-time pattern making and performance
- Real-time play of 4 different types of rolls (8th, 16th, VARI 1, VARI 2) and per-instrument mutes
- Pattern copy and pattern randomization for rapid, spontaneous creativity
- Two assignable analog outputs and full parallel outputs via USB for total mixing flexibility
Viewers of this article also read...
- Korg will recreate the ARP Odyssey Synth Korg has announced that they are currently working on the recreation of the iconic ARP Odyssey synthesizer from the 1970s.
- Troots-Effects, Dub-dedicated manufacturer Created in 2008 by Tooney Roots, the little french company offers gear for Dub and Reggae producers as well as for DJs.
- Roland unveils AIRA series After weeks of teasers, Roland unveiled the AIRA series, featuring four products that provide classic Roland sounds inside modern hardware designs.