Platinum Samples Jim Scott's Rock Drums for BFD 2.1
Platinum Samples has announced Jim Scott's Rock Drums for BFD 2.1.
According to the company, "Jim Scott's Rock Drums features a selection from Jim's personal collection of classic drum kits from the 50's, 60's and 70's recorded at his own PLYRZ Studios using his Neve 8048 console as well as samples played by Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers) and Steve Ferrone (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Average White Band, Eric Clapton) recorded at Sound City Studios (RHCP, Tom Petty, Nirvana) using their Neve 8028 console. The drums compiled in the Rock Drums expansion pack have been played on albums from Robbie Robertson, The Dixie Chicks and Barenaked Ladies to the Red Hot Chili Peppers."
Rock Drums offers multi-channel drums with as many as 256 velocity layers for variation in playing without requiring velocity scaling. Split into two volumes, Rock Drums Volume 1 includes a brush and blast sticks kit for a total of 59 drum and cymbal options. Rock Drums Volume 2 features three great kits offering a choice of 25 drums and cymbals.
Rock Drums Volume 1 is delivered on seven, and Volume 2 on four DVD's and allow 4 installation options, with the Supersize installation requiring 80 GB and 38 GB respectively.
Pricing & Availability:
Jim Scott's Rock Drums is available for pre-release. The volumes are available separately for $249.95 (Volume 1) and $129.99 (Volume 2) — or as a combination pack for $319.99
- FXpansion BFD 2.1 is required
- Windows XP SP1 or higher, Vista 32, P4 or better CPU (Windows)
- OS X 10.4, G5 or Intel CPU (Mac)
- 1 GB of RAM DVD drive for installation
- 11 - 118 GB of free hard disk space (separate drive recommended)
For more info, visit www.platinumsamples.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Image Line Sawer Image Line Software has released its new Sawer synth, available at a reduced price until the end of March, 2009
- Sineqube Kapling [Freeware] Kapling is a simple little standalone physical modeling synthesizer application for Mac OS X built with Max/MSP 5.
- Apogee Electronics Symphony Update Apogee has released an update for its Symphony 32 PCI card.