[NAMM] Crown XLS 5000
Crown extand their musicians and DJs oriented XLS amplifier line with a new high power amplifier, the XLS 5000
The new XLS 5000 delivers 1800 watts per channel in four-ohm stereo mode, and 5000 watts in four-ohm bridge-mono mode, packing more than twice the punch of the next highest-powered model in the range, the XLS 802.
Housed in a 3U, all-steel chassis, the XLS 5000 is equipped with a forced-air fan to prevent excessive thermal buildup. The front panel sports dual detented rotary level controls, a power switch with accompanying LED, and six additional LEDs indicating signal, clip, and fault for each channel. Rear panel connections include two electronically balanced XLR inputs as well as touch-proof binding post and Speakon® outputs.
The XLS 5000 also features protections and diagnostics capabilities, including output current limiting, DC protection, circuit breaker, and thermal protection of the unit’s transformers.
Like the rest of the XLS Series the XLS 5000 is backed by a Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty.
Featuring a street price of $1399, the XLS 5000 will be available in early spring.
- Power ratings (1 kHz continuous average power with 0.1% THD) : 2-ohm Stereo (per channel) : 2,500W (1% THD), 4-ohm Stereo (per channel) : 1,800W, 8-ohm Stereo (per channel) 1,100W, 8-ohm Bridge-Mono : 3,600W, 4-ohm Bridge-Mono : 5,000W (1% THD)
- Sensitivity (for full rated power at 4 ohms) : 1.25 Vrms.
- Frequency Response (at 1 watt, 22 Hz to 20 kHz) : +0 dB, –1 dB.
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (20 Hz to 20 kHz, inputs terminated) : A-weighted, below rated power: > 100 dB, No weighting, below rated power: > 95 dB.
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD ): < 0.5%.
- Intermodulation Distortion (IMD) : (60 Hz and 7 kHz at 4:1) from full rated output to –40 dB: < 0.3%.
- Damping Factor (8 ohm) 10 Hz to 400 Hz : >200.
- Crosstalk (below rated power) : at 1 kHz : –75 dB, at 20 kHz : –59 dB.
- Input Impedance (nominal) : 20 kilohms balanced, 10 kilohms unbalanced.
- Dimensions : EIA Standard 19-inch (48.3-cm) rack mount width (EIA RS-310-B), 5.25-inch (13.3-cm) height and 15.5-inch
- Shipping weight : 74.0 lb* (33.6 kg).
- Net weight : 62.0 lb* (27.7 kg).
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Peavey VersArray 212 Peavey expands VersArray line-array series with the new three-way Versarray 212 line-array enclosure, featuring planar ribbon drivers, neodymium woofers and included adjustment bracket.
- [NAMM] Peavey upgrades its SP™ Series. Peavey introduces its redesigned version of the SP Series loudspeaker systems.
- [NAMM] dbx launches System Core Dbx® Professional Products is introducing the new SC 64 (System Core) and SC 32 Digital Matrix Processors.