Audio-Technica presents ATM230 dynamic mic
Audio-Technica has published details regarding the ATM230 Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone, first seen at the NAMM earlier this year.
According to Audio-Technica, the ATM230 dynamic microphone is aimed at capturing drums and percussion, extending the brand's Artist Series line. The mic’s proprietary capsule was designed for high SPL applications, reportedly delivering "full, well-rounded audio" with enhanced low-end. The hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source – a directionality that is favored by the mic’s low-profile design, which allows it to be placed in a wide variety of setups.
Features and specs include:
- Enhanced low-frequency response with high attack
- Handles high SPL at close range
- Rare-earth magnet (aimed at favoring improved output and transient response)
- Low-profile design
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- All-metal design & construction
- Frequency Response: 20 – 12,000 Hz
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Included: AT8665 drum mount; soft protective pouch
The Audio-Technica Artist Series ATM230 Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone will be available in March 2016 with an announced U.S. street price of $139.00. The ATM230PK pack (including three ATM230s) will also be available for a U.S. street price of $349.00.
More information at www.audio-technica.com.
Post a comment
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.