TC Electronic P2 Level Pilot
TC’s P2 5-band loudness controller and limiter becomes compliant with ITU BS.1770-2, EBU R128, ATSC A/85 and TR-B32.
With the new version 2.35, dedicated processing and presets for working within ITU BS.1770-2, EBU R128, ATSC A/85 and TR-B32 environments is available. The new version is said to lower a latency of 1.8 ms to only 0.8 ms.
P2 version 2.35 includes trickle-down processing presets for Mobile and iPod platforms within ITU BS.1770-2, EBU R128, ATSC A/85 and TR-B32 environments; still at 48 bit resolution and still at a latency of only 0.8 ms.
TC Meters, TC Processors and Dynaudio speakers are "coherent bricks in an ever-changing broadcast puzzle." P2 is a natural part of a closed loop that also includes:
- Radar Meters: LM2, LM5D, LM6, TM7 and TM9.
- Processors: System 6000 MKII, DB2, DB4 MKII and DB8 MKII.
- Monitor Controllers: BMC-2, System 6000, AIR.
- Logging Systems: LM2, DB4 MKII and DB8 MKII.
Finally, the Icon application, included with P2, provides a common control environment for around 30 devices, accessible from a PC, a Mac or an Icon hardware remote.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Radial Engineering MC3 Radial Engineering announces the MC3 studio monitor controller; a 'straight wire' passive monitor switcher and headphone amp designed to provide smaller production studios with a monitor, sub and headphone management system.
- Eric Beam L-401 Console EQ Eric Beam has released the L-401 Console EQ, a collection of programs for Acustica Audio’s Nebula.
- 2nd Ask Video Studio Edge Installment Coming Up The second installment in the Studio Edge: Pro Audio Recording Series is well underway.