DPA Microphones 4080-BM
DPA Microphones 4080-BM
LPA94 LPA94
Publié le 11/12/09 à 06:13
Lavalier microphone (tie) cardioid designed for voice. With a small windscreen, it is mounted on a small rubber suspension, itself mounted on a small ball (essential for guidance), itself mounted on a clip. The microphone shown a good sensitivity.

I use it for 2 months, I had occasion to do interviews as well as with the sound (given the limited space that can troubleshoot and keeps it quiet!).
I had the opportunity to try other models on a shoot (the Tram), which were ubiquitous, which is much less convenient to use because too prescriptive.

What I like is the size of the micro and it looks very professional (I'm not ashamed to make it appear on a video). I also like his boss in the treble, it gives presence and voice to shine while minimizing whistling. The suspension looks pretty fragile as fine, so be very careful with this material. Tram microphones seemed a little stronger but it remains to be verified over time ...

The quality / price is good but not unbeatable in my humble opinion. This microphone is very convenient and does its job by properly isolating the sources, after it should expect no miracle! Indeed, the interviews always require a lot of treatment in post-production so that voices sound full and balanced.

If I had to buy one I would look perhaps to other brands, just to compare ... So I'm not sure that choice again, even if it's still good material!
EDIT: I forgot to mention that this microphone can easily hide (under clothing, for example) and does not suffer too much from the reduction of high frequencies. Indeed, his boss at this location allows the spectrum to restore the proper voice, even hidden under a sweater. A good placement on the lower sternum ensure a tight fit. Finally, thanks to its protective foam, it tends to cling to tissues which limits the noise of friction for small movements.