Made in Indonesia I believe
Agathis body with flamed maple top (for that price, it's beautiful!)
Bolt-on maple neck with rosewood fingerboard 24 frets
2 pickups, 2-band active EQ, volume, balance
The finish is very good for this price range.
This bass is very comfortable! The neck is thin but not too much, the body is light and everything is well balanced.
Mechanical hold well tuning.
Access to the 9V battery is back without unscrewing anything.
The negative point is the wood used for the body: while it is light but suddenly the sustain is not monstrous, the instrument does not sound super vacuum (after we are not in the high end either). ..
Plugged in, the bass is rather versatile, it can be well-rounded as incisive sounds sounds, EQ works in boost as mitigation, the balance is effective. By the sounds of slap against are not top my goùt ...
I play metal fast enough and it does a very good job. I pass in the overdrive channel of a Jekyll & Hyde and in Guitarix via a Fast Track and I can get the sounds I need, cheating a bit (10-band EQ and compressor), I did not yet tested with an amp worthy of the name ...
I use this bass intensively since May 2013 and so far I'm not disappointed.
It will not be the instrument of a career but it is a great deal to start or second instrument.
I tried various Ibanez SR, SRX and GATK a Precision, I chose the Cort for comfort and I admit that the table made me crack!
variety of sounds,
Sustain (with a comp, you can catch it)
I am very satisfied, I think I would do this choice, but for the 5-String ...
- Made in Indonesia, certainly in the factories who are working for Squier, Yam etc..
- Bridge Fender Vintage style but a bit thicker.
- Maple neck with reported head, rosewood fingerboard, 24 frets mediums, 40mm at nut.
- Swamp ash body (swamp ash)
- 2 humbuckers Cort assets.
- Knob volume, mic mix, 2-band active EQ.
- Mechanical lighter oil bath and take precise agreement, painted head.
9 / 10 because Tarcis trace of glue remain. (Head)
- Handle nice, fine, frets well posed, in the spirit JB, varnish soft and agreeable. Access to 24 boxes carefree, body-tail junction is refined, very comfortable.
- Very light weight, sound with knobs to 0 is very balanced.
- Practical side, the battery cover is easily operable, accessible and not overlooked. The truss-rod cover is accessible by removing just one screw.
- Impeccable ergonomics, all in rounded open pore ash kind very beautiful but fragile.
Inevitably, this kind of small active bass lends a bit to all games. Spun with flat and low on a 15 "would yield a suitable sound dub reggae and other.
Rotos with steel and treble sound good for slamming slappeurs.
All games without excelling in any of them, of course ... at this price point.
If like me you play a little bit of everything, it can do as they say down MIDI vocabulary (And long live ... Bescherelle)
I play on 15 "or 4 * 12", it still sounds.
The finish quality is there: in E-armored plate, a sticker PEIT rubber to protect the preamp, a well-posed jack, cavities spent painting graphite, it is far from finishing the hard charged much more expensive among brands prestige with their founder died. Frankly, although well finished. No buzz, perfect landings (which was not the case on the Artisan Series C)
Sounds nice but not transcendent but flexible with electronics, strings, amp. With a forest side, however ... the wood is true for many, certainly. The downside: the open pore finish a bit weak ... But after the fashion of vintage, it is in the "distressed", right?? Mwarf!