Ibanez PGB2T
Ibanez PGB2T
MGR/Billy MGR/Billy

« Ibanez PGB2T Paul Gray »

Publié le 04/15/11 à 15:00
This is a review of the Paul Gray signature bass put out by Ibanez. Paul Gray was the late great bassist for Slipknot.

First impressions where this bass reminds me much of the ATK series basses by Ibanez. It has the same body and headstock design. Chances are if you liked the ATKs you'll like this bass

I tested this bass out at my local music shop. I have probably 2 hours under is but decided it was not for me. The cost of this bass is $299.99.

There are some basses you pick up and say 'This bass feels cheap' the Paul Gray signature was not. It feels like a solid bass and gets a nice bite to it. If you are looking for something to get you a modern Musicman bass tone with a twist I'd look into this.

The hardware on the one I played was cool looking. Not completely black, more of a smoked grey. Very cool.

The finish is what made me ultimately say, 'No Thanks' to purchasing this bass. It has a huge Slipknot logo on the front. If you are a fan of Slipknot's music OK this is for you, but if you are just a bassist looking for a cool bass this finish isn't so appealing.

Feels great. This bass came shipped to the store in perfect playable shape. The hardware was cool looking as mentioned above, but also heavy duty. The instrument held tune and played good up and down the entire neck.

Bottom Line this bass is a great bass for metal or hard rock and it is not too hard on your wallet. The only downside I see is the finish. Maybe a more subtle tribute to Slipknot would have been better?