< All Yamaha BB414 reviews

delabassecour delabassecour

«  Good little bass holds up »

Published on 02/13/13 at 19:48
Made in??
In any case, the violin is neat.
Alder body (in 3 parts on mine)
Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
21 frets
Entirely passive
A micro bridge position type JB - A micro center position type PB
knob a volume - A knob tone
A 3-position selector
Classic easel type PB and JB

Nice handle, dimensions ranging between Precision and Jazz Bass
The frets are well posed. On mine I set the action to be three millimeters between the strings and the twenty-first fret, that I find comfortable setting with a pulling rope light or medium light. No frieze and glides hooked. Body-neck junction is rounded, not square thus facilitating access and play in the treble (where I'll never).
Despite its wide hips and rounded it is not too heavy, I'd say she has a normal weight compared to my other basses (five strings).

On a proper amp you can easily find a good sound. I plug a head MarkBass Little Mark 2 connected to a HP of the same brand, the 121 H. I have plugged into a Ampeg combo to a buddy or used in a home studio, the sound is quite correct (set fingers or slap)
In short, the micro PB does a good job, he gives warm round bass keeping a good definition, micro JBest him much worse and does not beautiful mediums, which lack a little in the sound track of this bass.
When I play, using the selector, I use either the microphone PB or the mix between the two microphones, micro JB never alone. knob volume way down (normal) and bottom tone or three-quarters, the wear and snapping strings. These simple adjustments that allow for a sound that goes everywhere and support in different styles (mainly blues-rock for me)

I bought this bass a year ago and a half. No more than playing the five-string, I wanted to return four strings provided that it does not come back to me and not too expensive just to play a few songs.
I found the BB used for 220 euros, very good quality / price ratio.
To put this low, I would say it is well worth the Squier Vintage Modified series that I had the opportunity to try (JB and PB)
Yamaha is very enjoyable to play with a nice look (I think)
I think it is not suitable for metal (though ..) or music that sounds require more specific.
Given the budget I had I think I made a good choice