< Tous les avis Yamaha BB614

4-string bass guitar from Yamaha belonging to the BB series

Ben5bass Ben5bass

«  Good bass but with a ... »

Published on 10/22/13 at 05:36
Made in Indonesia I think.
Two microphones: a jazz bass guy, a typical accuracy.
A volume, a potentiometer to gradually move from a microphone to the other and an active three-band equalizer.

Channel and comfort of nice general Thurs
Rather low light.
Variety of sound is obtained easily through permits by the EQ.

For what I play (jazz, smooth jazz, funk, blues), this bass is just perfect because it has very nice bass and a little something beautiful and difficult to define in the treble.
For the music more "aggressive" I do not know even if it is very nice slap.

I have this bass for 3 years now and I took it because I tend to trust Yamaha because I've never been disappointed by other instruments that I bought.
What displeases me against and justifies the "but" that I put in as it is that it is not possible to play without a 9V battery which powers the equalizer. This is a detail but it can be annoying when you do not have a full rehearsal!
I remake this choice because it is a very good bass.