Boss GT-3
Boss GT-3

Multi-Effects for Electric Guitar from Boss belonging to the GT series.

le_kornichon le_kornichon
Publié le 06/14/05 à 05:53
All the effects that we might need, and more!
Each holds 10 preset effects:
- An SFX (from "Acoustic guitar simulator", "Slow Gear", "Anti-Feedback," "Feedback", "Pickup Simulator", or "Tremolo / Pan)
- A compressor / limiter
- A Wah (wah-wah pedal controlled by the expression or auto-wah, both being entierment parameterizable)
- An Overdrive / Distortion (many simulations Boss)
- Amp simulator + speaker (many simulations Marshall, Vox ...)
- EQ
- A modulator (Harmonizer, Flanger, Phaser, Auto-riff, sub-equal, 2x2 Chorus, Short Delay, Humanizer, Vibrato, Guitar Synth, Ring Modulator, Slicer)
- A Delay
- Chorus
- Reverb

The master section adjusts the volume, tempo (for effects that have become wedged in rhythm, as the delay, the slicer, or self-riff), to use a Noise Suppressor, and especially to define the EFFECTS OF ORDER!

The possibilities are simply endless!

EZ-Edit mode ("easy edit") can find its very simply by reducing all adverse to 6 parameters. We can then refine it by adjusting each effect separately.
Very easy to use even without instructions! But it takes time to explore everything, and the interface, while simple and clear, is not very practical. It takes some getting used to navigate menus (though they are facts) in golfing with the buttons and knob ... It's quite daunting when you're used to turning knobs on an amp. Hence the note.

I was disappointed by 90% of factory presets. In fact it is because the GT-3 sounds (and this is normal and inevitable) very differently depending on guitar used (in my case a Vantage 118T) and by amplification we call it a good hi -fi, it sounds a little too cold, but on a combo amp is pretty hot too! In fact we must work according to its preset that, and then we can draw wonders! I understand that we can have a very negative opinion on this machine if you just browse the factory presets and play with the EZ-Mode.

I've had a few weeks and I already can not live without it!
What I like are the endless possibilities (eg the expression pedal you can assign almost any parameter of any effect).
Before that, I had a Samick amp not bad but very limited, and a multi-purpose Yamaha FX-550 that I liked but now I find that really sucks!
I can not comment on the value price. Let's say I traded my Fender Telecoustic AC cons and I'm happy with my case!
When to make the election again, yes of course, but the GT-6 looks a bit more practical (and fun) to use with knobs ...