Boss GT-6
Boss GT-6

Multi-Effects for Electric Guitar from Boss belonging to the GT series.

Akane Akane
Publié le 02/25/03 à 00:43
Well
successor to the GT-5 that I owned, sold, resold and regret, we found almost the same range of effects with qq gadgets and more. (Uni-v,-shrink, auto-riff)
We find the key to a guitarist, distos, reverb, delay, chorus etc. etc.
The amp models are really good quality. I sold a DG-Stomp, preferring the sound and range of the GT-6. We find the marshall amps, Fender, Matchless, mesa-boogie, roland jc-120, Soldano ..... technology-based MSOC
In section preamp / amp, dedicated knobs allow for faster edition. Very good point.
The case is metal and the pedals are still strong.
The power supply is external, which is a bit embarrassing (personally)

Getting started is simple, as the old boss models.
You can change the algorithm, ie the order of concatenation of effects, and it is a real plus!
The edition sounds poses no problem, but it is true that I am used to pedal Boss long time, I'm not objective.
The manual is simple and well marked.

It is certainly empirical, but to my ear, the effects are of excellent quality.
The amp simulations are realistic, and you can get a lot of nuances of sounds with a single model of amp, playing on the presence, EQ, type of speaker etc etc.. With a good guitar (Gibson SG for me), the distortions produced truly react well when you lower the volume on the guitar or by attack of the pick. To fully realize, do not compare the sound of the GT-6 on a hi-fi side of a marshall, but rather a powerful sound and good quality.
Distortions (pedals) are also fairly comprehensive. There are the classic at Boss, as well as simulations of Tube Screamer, Big Muff, Marshall ... Again, the result is.
The reverb and delay are fairly basic, but very good. Any one can even adjust the cutoff frequency high or low, which helps to qualify the sound, and retain the clarity of the musical phrase.
Other effects are accessories for me and I'm using that very little, I did not speak.
Simply, those I can not find enough performers (there): The pitch shifter is not quite accurate, an octave pedal from Boss is more intelligible and less latency I find unfortunate.
The effect UNI-V has a utility more abstract, but hey, if it is just great, why not. Same for the auto-riff.

my amp simulations favorites are: Rectifier, Mesa-Lead, Match Lead, Tweed.
The idstos: Tube Screamer, DS-1

Note, if you try a gt-6, think the presets are bad quality because drowned in effects and reverb. It is better to start from zero to recreate the patches, with a more natural sound, enjoying the sound of the GT-6.

I use me for 6 months.
I love her, and especially the flexibility of routing, which lets you play almost plug and play for fans of the genre, or create sounds with extreme precision, according to the preference of everyone.
I use a boss me-5, GT-5, a digitech gsp-21 legend and a Yamaha DG-stomp before it.
The price quality ratio is very good with the current price when you consider that the GT-5 was costing a 5200 Fr era.
I do not regret that choice.