DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory
DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory
Zelldevine Zelldevine

«  The Swiss Army knife of effects! »

Published on 03/04/12 at 08:06
This is an expression pedal, volume, wah:
* The effects or type effects are available, in the order of the button:
1) A wah: Vox Clyde McCoy
2) Another wah: Dunlop Cry Baby
3) A delay cosmic Digitech Space Station
4) A whammy
5) A Chorus: Unicord Univibe
6) A cabin Leslie rotary speaker
7) A Flanger
* The pedal uses digital technology, but to my knowledge the effects are not editable via MAC / PC.

The configuration may seem complex at first, but after a few hours, freelance quickly how it works, simple and well built.
Operation is simple, all effects are customizable in intensity, volume directly via the knobs in rings.
I can not remember the manual, but it would surely be one.
It may, in addition to all these effects, add distortion, fuzz and one I do not know yet what kind of effect. By switching to "red": The LED changes color, when activating the bottom of the pedal with the heel. Giving you even more possibilities. Personally, I left it on fuzz from the beginning, so I can have fuzz + wah, whammy + fuzz, fuzz + flanger etc. ... a real multi effects!

The effects are all well modeled and the pedal inspires many things when we take the trouble to look for them every possible sound.
I use them with an electric guitar Gibson SG Faded, and all sound great.
For taste, the fact that I use the least is the first Wah, Vox Clyde McCoy, I just prefer the Cry Baby. The Flanger is perhaps a tad cold. Everything else is really top quality.
Special mention to Leslie very fun to use with a guitar!

I use it for over 3 years, I carried around absolutely everywhere, in rehearsals, on stage, and it takes the shock. It is a robust!
No I have not tried many models simply because it has no counterpart in its class, to my knowledge.
This pedal goes with me everywhere since its acquisition, it is a real Swiss Army knife, it replaces seven effects by itself. Very handy for not load in repeats!
The sound "Space Station" is just wonderful (listen to the intro of "I Am the Highway" by Audioslave, for an overview)
What I like the +: the quality of the sounds and what they inspire
What I like the -: the "race" of the pedal is a bit short, I would have liked it to be longer in order to further qualify the effects (including wah)
Very good value for money: certainly not cheap, but it is a quality item that you will use often.
With experience, I would do this choice, even 1000 times, as this has opened up new possibilities for composing, and "spice up" my game
I highly recommend this effect, we see too often!