Alesis XGuitar
X550 X550
Publié le 04/22/07 à 06:47
The XGuitar is a guitar with a multi effects processor, which is a real revolution, but for € 349, do not expect wonders ...
It can be used with or without the multi purpose.
Features:
- Alder body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, chrome hardware,
- Mechanical oil bath
- Bolt,
- Pickups: 3 double coil (one parallel and two in stack), little-known feature of XGuitar.
- 5-way switch,
- 1 volume knob,
- Multi-resolution 28 bit effects processor with 80 preset programs / user editable (9 among 40 different cumulative effects)
- Chromatic Tuner integrated
- Entry for expression pedal
- A switch for enabling or disabling the multi effect - Use battery-powered (4-AA) with 30 hours of battery or AC adapter (optional)
- Swith to a program selection to fly.
- 6.5 mm stereo output jack for connection to amplifier or headphones - Weight: 3.4 kg.

The handle is very nice, it has a super flat profile, with a super low string action home, perfect for solos. Access to acute no problem.
One of the shortcomings of this guitar is the finish:
this model has a recurring problem: green spots appear behind the handle, this is due to the poor quality of the varnish.
Sanding the varnish on the body was made to arachée of large irregularities when there is good!
Start the form is nice, the guitar is not too heavy, it must be fed four LR6 with all 30 hours, you can buy rechargeable batteries and super powerful was a self-doubled.
For navigation in multi effect is represented by one letter and one number, one must understand the concept by reading the manual and you can do anything with, but I can understand that some people are lost in the many banks effect.
To get a good sound through headphones is easy, 80 programs are integrated, but with an amp ... I will explain this in the next section ...

When you play with headphones with the multi-effect is wonderful, moving from a blues sound has a big sound is beautiful, it's powerful, has an acoustic simulation breathtaking!
Super realistic sounds too good, deadly!
But when you play with an amp and with the multi purpose by connecting the normal input, is shit canned:
sounds have nothing to do with what you have heard through headphones, one for his drinking, it must be plugged into a stereo.
Problem is solved by connecting the CD input of your amp for the sound as realistic as possible without the bass, treble and midrange are not to mix your sound.
When you cut the multi effects, guitar works like a normal electric guitar:
the bridge pickup lacks a bit of fishing, but it was a very decent sound for a guitar of this price. On this guitar, all pickups are double, well, do not expect to get the sound of an EMG 81 or 60 with microphones like that, but by the sounds clean and distortion are honorable despite their low power: one day I took out my old Cort X-2 and I was amazed by the difference in power, the mics are really Xguitar weaklings ... Finally no background noise is well.
The 5-way switch allows you to make it completely versatile.
You can also use the multi purpose as a multi effect with the normal distortion of the amp, multi effect is very good.
Go 8 / 10, she's an honorable in all areas.

I use it for 4 months is the perfect guitar to work with headphones.
This guitar will amaze any beginner:
"Yeah sounds too much killing in the headphones"
"Ptain the ball the tuner"
The sound in the headphones is great, the amp such a condition of connecting to the entry CD
So for me it's the guitar that I needed, I use it only with a headphone or without multi effect, I can work alone without shit person because of noise, it's perfect.
Is not to € 349 El Dorado, it can be found around € 200 on the internet, multi effect is reliable and convenient.
A guitar for everyone, beginner or advanced, but only with headphones!!
I think Alesis has dropped the case on their site it went in the "discontinued products".
So if you want to bump on headphones, buy it immediately, it will fill you.
I blame the price of the Alesis adapter: € 39!
If you had to do it again, I remake, I like the idea of ​​Xguitar, everything is integrated and above all it is autonomous.

Goodies: keg sounds on CD input and onboard tuner
effects and disto everywhere.
Cons:
finishing a two balls: the varnish