I wanted a synth drum not too expensive, which goes straight to the point and that is editable. I have another machine as a drum Electribe MX. The Nord Drum is really great.
I found the grip awfully easy, I am still amazed. The manual is clear (English Only). The sound is clear and aggressive, flawless: now I understand why everyone have a red corny in their studio (North). There is no effect in the machine, no need to mess the thing is the job of the artist here!
I I like least: No sequencer and one triger. I use my EMX (6A to 7B pad which served me anything) as a hardware sequencer. We need another machine to play with (Pad or sequencer). Mono mono ... my headphones are Sterio, so a single ear works. It is not difficult to put a pin again, even if it is mono. There is a kind of random effect to make the living thing ... why? But hey this is not too serious.
A corny to buy if you are a beginner and have a beast for those who want good techno beat violating well.
I use the last few weeks. I do not play drums but my driver via Octatrack I do electro.
I tried other machines and what I liked is:
- The size of the bike, the size of two cigarette packs,
- Build quality and sound quality CLAVIA, metal fabrication very robust,
- Having an output MONO.
Why I like mono?
in fact, I have a Octatrack has 4 mono audio inputs: One of these inputs is dedicated for shruti, two for my Mopho and the last audio input for Northern drum drum ... The north is quite welcome in my case.
I got this machine at a great price (which prompted me to purchase):
- 4 drum tracks. Well because in the end I add my Octatrack on a track more if needed.
- The sounds are easy to modify and save.
- The sounds are dynamic and can produce sound as electro, there is a broad range of sounds: Bass, FX, Percu, Acoustic, Electro, etc ...
- Obtained both bass sounds as FX as well as perceived pretty realistic
- The interface is quite easy to use and limit not need to read the manual that comes with it!
I love this machine because when I want to create a kick, a comic, etc ... it takes me a few minutes ... not more.
It is also capable of making sounds strange
short, it is a very nice little machine for my use, the sound quality is at the appointment.
on the other hand, bémolssssss:
- The machine can not be ordered from a midi controller (no CC), I hope that in the next firmware version, this problem will be solved.
- Price: I think I got this machine with excellent discount what tipped my choice of purchase.