The Markdrum YES1 is the first Electronic Drum Kit from Markdrum, the drum arm of the Markbass company.
The YES1 from Markdrum is a 5-piece kit utilising Markdrums's "Smart Pad" triggering technology system. Piezo sensors are used across the kit and all signals are processed inside the pads. Sound balance between the toms and snare is achieved with the use of Markdrum's "Hot Spot Removal" technology, and "Snare Positional sensing" are designed to reproduce the nuances of an acoustic snare.
The YES1 features 10 inch Markdrum Mesh heads fitted on the snare and toms, mounted on the foldable aluminum rack which also houses the cabling system. A moveable stand-mountable hi-hat cymbal pad crash and ride along with the rubber kick drum trigger pad are designed to complete the trigger inputs. All inputs are run through the YES1 "YES" sound module, with a single RJ11 connection.
The YES sound module features 12 drum kits and DSP effects. Connections to the YES module includes eight standard inputs plus four additional inputs, Midi in/out, USB, headphones and AUX in. You can create and customise your own kits and setups combined with the customisable onboard effects editing capabilities.
Features of the Markdrum YES1 Electronic Drum Kit includes:
- 5 pcs shell kit (snare drum, kick, 3 rack toms) + ride, crash and hi-hat cymbals
- 10” mesh heads on snare drum and rack toms
- Rubber kick with reverse bass drum beater included
- “Smart Pad” triggering system: signals are processed inside the pad
- Piezo sensors: 5 x snare drum, 3 x rack toms, 1 x kick, 10 x ride and crash, 4 x hi-hat
- Triple-flanged hoops on batter sides
- Triple-triggering system on ride cymbal (with choking); resolution of 255 different layers of sensitivity on the hi-hat
- “YES” Sound Module: Bus Drum Interface, with single RJ11 plug
- 12 professional Drum Kits + DSP effects
- 8 standard inputs + 4 additional inputs
- Midi In/ Midi Out
- USB, headphones and AUX connection
- “Create Kit” Menu to tweak and customize your own shell kits
- “Create FX” Menu to edit and combine the onboard FX
- Loop Section
- Onboard Metronome
- Tap Tempo
- 2 GB CF card included
- Foldable, aluminum rack housing the connection system
- "Bus Connection" patented technology: plug the short RJ11 cables from the pad to the closest jack on the rack itself
- Hi-Hat cymbal with “Top on sensor” technology
- Total weight: 16 kg
Pricing & availability are still TBA.
Visit www.markdrum.it for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Yamaha DTX540K Review Yamaha pulls out all the stops with its revolutionary TCS pads in an attempt to make itself appealing to most drummers who still refuse e-drums. As a DTXPress owner and former user, the DTX540K is reminding me the feelings I had when I first left the acoustic path. Thus, I was very excited and had (too?) high expectations when I started this review. Half satisfied.
- Mapex MyDentity Program The Mapex Drum Company is offering a custom drum experience for customers on the U.S. market.
- [NAMM] Gretsch Brooklyn Drum Set Gretsch unveiled its latest drum kit, the Brooklyn - where the brand was founded in 1883.