or
Create an account

or
Enlarge
All Audiofanzine Categories

Thread Sonar 7 and FL Studio rewire issues.....SOS!

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Sonar 7 and FL Studio rewire issues.....SOS!
to whom is patient enough to help me - Here is my story...

So i'm done tracking out a project in sonar from My Korg Triton and then decide i want to add drums that i've sequenced in Flstudio. So I go to my toolbar and select ''INSERT" and then scroll down and select the "REWIRE DEVICES" toggle. After playing these drums a few times with the sequence on sonar i decide that i'd rather stick w/ my Triton 808's instead - so I delete the multiple tracks created by selecting the "REWIRE DEVICES" toggle (midi, track folder, and audio) and close the project.

Upon getting new drums the next day from a buddy i wanted to try the procedure again. I open up Sonar 7 and select the project but before it boots an "ERROR" window pops up stating that "ANOTHER INSTANCE OF FL STUDIO IS ALREADY OPEN". I then go to an audio track and click on its output toggle. along side my midi interface on the list - fl studio is included (AT THIS POINT, NOWHERE ON MY SCREEN IS A COPY OF FL STUDIO IN REWIRE MODE). At this point i go back up to my tool bar to "INSERT" and then to "REWIRE DEVICES" and where i selected "FL studio" the words are blurred (INDICATING THAT THE PROGRAM IS EITHER OPEN ALREADY OR NOT AVAILABLE)

After this i try to find a way to delete the application wherever it is on Sonar and fail to find a solution to this.......

HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS IN ORDER TO RE-ACCESS FLSTUDIO IN REWIRE MODE.

!!!!note::::: I'll have Sonar and the same project open and go down to my desktop and open up FL studio and the "REWIRE" window for FL will initialize. From here i'll not be able to get any signal from fl into sonar. This is even when i add up a similar multiple track scenario to that which initializes when accessing the "REWIRE DEVICES" toggle from the toolbar in "INSERT" and still receive no sound.

Could really use the helping hand on this one.

Best wishes!!!!!
-Jon
here is my setup if it's of any use to you all in helping me diagnose and solve my issue...

SONAR 7
FL STUDIO
MBOX2 FACTORY PRO
KORG TRITON (also as midi control)