Echo Audiofire 12
Echo Audiofire 12

FireWire audio interface from Echo belonging to the Audiofire series.

LDVC@ LDVC@

«  12x192kHz/24 bit GNU / Linux »

Publié le 11/12/10 à 01:09
My choice was made on 192 kHz (required) 24-bit cards in these chainent easily to a real studio computer music latest Ubuntu (GNU / Linux).
I tested the 12 on my computer AudioFire G31TM-P21 / E6600 2.4 GHz / 2 GB / 500 GB HDD in RAID 1 configuration successful in 192 kHz!

This card will work later with the special computer computer music with Ardour on Ubuntu ... (Bi-quad Opteron 2.3 GHz / 16 GB / 4 SATA2 drives in RAID10 / 3 or 4 graphics cards dual-screen)

While keeping the possibility of a second AudioFire 12 for a true 24-track I / O and any router with an analog console ... (If you consider 1 button = 1 function).
Meanwhile, the pilot is to start with a BCF2000 in Mackie mode.

Drivers are stable, I discussed the installation with Ubuntu 10.10 on the Linux computer music.

Drivers are frequently updated on GNU / Linux when necessary. In this case, the card uses the driver ffado.
Latency of 4 ms at 192 kHz (256 samples per period / 3 periods per buffer), no Xrun. The lowest latency 1 ms at 192 kHz on Ubuntu Xrun few non-patched-RT (64 samples per pépriodes). Try with a core-RT!
Recording 12 tracks at 192 kHz with Ardour for instance.

(However, for trouble free use possible "super-computer computer music" will surely be totally isolated from the network.)

GETTING STARTED

Installation is easy, we did the procedure on Linux computer music. Note that the 192 kHz works for us! (Apparently Windows users have concerns)

MIDI support is suspended ... apparently not yet supported by ffado for this card. It will ...

The configuration ... (Easy for me) seems relatively easy.

The manual ... A5 cardboard box in a CD with drivers for windows and mac I believe.

I use less than 24 hours.

I love the most: everything in this board AudioFire 12, it must be able to channel 7 or 8, Sygen Chain 4 cards AudioFire 12 under Ubuntu 10.10 for 48 tracks in a real word clock to 96 kHz ...

Value: one has for his money. I love