Lexicon I-Onix FW810S
Lexicon I-Onix FW810S

FireWire audio interface from Lexicon belonging to the I-Onix series.

Negens Negens
Publié le 03/08/11 à 04:11
Firewire interface with 8 inputs Jack / XLR
The phantom can be activated by input pair.
Preamps DBX (2 entries include a DI)
I / O Midi.
SPDIF input
Up to 96 kHz at 24 bits

Reverb, compressor, EQ and DSP

Used for microphones made by acoustic guitars, amps, guitars, synths and singing.

The drivers are stable but are not updated often. No updates yet.
The software works well.
I saved up to 6 channels 96 kHz/24 bit simultaneously without dropping out.

GETTING STARTED

Installation is done smoothly and easily.
No compatibility problems were encountered.

The manual is very slight, even too.
For example: it is mentioned nowhere in either the manual or on the site, 2 fuses to change if they fail.
Especially since the VAS is more of a silencer.

I use it for more than 6 months.

The preamps are of exceptional quality, very quiet, warm and dynamic.
DSP compressor has a very effective action, but does not compress the outlet, I do not use it.
The reverbs work only monitoring but it is very useful to catch votes.

I bought this card to replace a Presonus Firepod preamps which gave a result quite cold on the votes taken, and taken on synthetic guitars.

The gain in quality is impressive, and it's really nice.

The price / quality ratio is very correct.
It's a choice I would do, obviously.