MOTU Traveler
MOTU Traveler

FireWire audio interface from MOTU belonging to the Traveler series.

nicoubass nicoubass
Published on 02/26/06 at 18:57
I was looking for a sound card that allow me to very heavy grate several virtual instruments (rglage the buffer size for latency 0) + that allows me to conomiser investment of a table in concert + which has as a table DIFFERENT DIFFERENT returns for zicos. Only MOTU Traveller offers everything.
Config: CMAsus.CPU3Ghz.1GoRAMDDR2.
I use Cubase Firewire

USE

I struggled to install, regarding the shift, they screwed up my mess of everything I've reconfigured and reinstall. This is the only BIG default of the Motu.
Furthermore firewire cable with wire did not work, while jumping all the time, I tried everything (dsinstallations, rinstallations ...) for 2 weeks before I realized that it was of the cable.
Otherwise, the computer may not recognize the card, you must restart it. But e possibility to do so without restart the computer.
Config Gnrale very easy.
Manuel very well but in English.
In a final implementation not terrible is that I put Pourcel 4.

IMPLEMENTATION

The drivers are stable, the maj intlchargeables are (for me anyway).
I use Cubase, BFD max and MachFive and the dream: with 4 MIDI tracks per sandstone Mach Five and BFD (software while both pretty hungry !!!) + 6 Instrument tracks, while This group qualis mix and compress with prmastering more: latencies: 15 and 30. ROYAL. To reduce the lantence working buffers (careful you need a computer that makes sense ...)
Live: Roland Midi Battery with BFD (24 Rewire tracks) + 1 + 1 bass guitar + voice + 3 tracks 5 groups, all rebalanc a stro in digital for everyone s 'hear, NO PROBLEM
Recording: Until now I have done (in addition to 24 BFD) a guitar and bass simultaneously.
So 26 or 2 according to your criteria. And no worries either.
I put only 10 because the notation stands still but it would be well worth the 12 ...
It is this point that makes the choice to the Traveler, plus the fact that (if you do not have a MIDI instrument) you can go on a concert with it under his arm, without computer (it operates in stand alone) and mix well until 8 instruments with 4 outputs bus (ideal for everyone to have their mix). ROYAL

NOTICE GLOBAL

I use it for 6 months and I could not do without me is that I love my little beast.
The peculiarities that I love the most: Live, Record (see above), the outputs (4 bus ana, 1 digital, 1AES), its pramplis (without breath) ...
I essey few models but for me nothing comes her ankle. For recording and midi "small scale" with a tight budget I would advise the AU 25 Edirol that represents a great compromise.
Price quality ratio: expensive but worth it.
Yes I would do this choice and no I have no regrets.