[NAMM] Alesis iMultiMix 16 USB
Alesis introduces the iMultiMix 16 USB Mixer with direct-to-iPod recording.
The iMultiMix 16 USB is the second entry in a new class of iPod mixers that started with the popular iMultiMix 8 USB. The iMultiMix 16 USB features a universal dock for iPod that enables recording directly to any iPod Classic, 5th generation (video) and 2nd or 3rd generation iPod nano.
It is a 16 USB is a mobile recording mixer with iPod transport controls and a control wheel built right into the surface for complete control of the iPod while it is being docked in the mixer. The USB connection delivers convenient transfer of tracks into iTunes upon connection to a computer. Files recorded into the iPod are CD quality, 16-Bit, 44.1 kHz .wav files.
Mac OS and Windows users can connect to the iMultiMix 16 USB using USB for direct to computer recording as well. In addition to its computer connectivity, the iMultiMix 16 USB offers eight analog inputs, one hundred 28-Bit effects, phantom power, and 2 switchable mic/line/guitar inputs.
The iMultiMix 16 USB also features effects. Vocalists can add reverb and guitar players can create flange effects, all of which are mixed and recorded to the iPod with ease. iPod owners will find this mixer the perfect compliment for a wide variety of recording needs thanks to its natural merging of the control wheel and traditional mixer knobs.
The iMultiMix 16 USB is loaded with features such as:
- Integrated recording for iPod
- Four high-gain mic/line preamps (XLR and ¼” balanced)
- 48V phantom power
- Built-in limiter to avoid distorted recordings
- 16-Bit / 44.1kHz and 48kHz recording to computer
- Two guitar mic/line inputs
- Aux sends and returns
- 100 on-board, 28-bit digital effects – Reverb, Chorus, Flange, Delay
- 3-band per channel EQ with high/low shelving and mid band pass/reject
- Steinberg Cubase LE recording software included
The iMultiMix 16 USB will be available Q2 - 2008 with a suggested retail price of $799.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] M-Audio Studiophile BX5a Deluxe M-Audio releases Studiophile BX5a Deluxe, 70-watt Bi-amplified Studio Reference Monitors.
- [NAMM] dbx dB10 & dB12 Direct Boxes Dbx® Professional Produtcs introduces two new direct injection boxes into the product line : the dB10 Passive Direct Box and dB12 Active Direct Box.
- [NAMM] Crest Audio HP-W Crest Audio introduces the HP-W professional mixing console, a continuation of its HP-Eight™ Series consoles.