Behringer Eurolive B215XL

All user reviews for the Behringer Eurolive B215XL

• JimboSpinsJimboSpins

I did not like the sound it gave to guitars

Behringer Eurolive B215XLPublished on 01/20/13 at 23:31
    The Behringer B215XL is an 15 inch passive PA Speaker with a 1000 watt capacity. The price of it was very appealing to me at the time. It was 199 when I purchased them (400 for the pair). I have used other Behringer PA speakers in the past and some of them have been really bad sounding speakers. The reason I chose to go with these was because I was at an event, and they were using them. The sound was great; it was an outdoor even and was focusing more on speeches rather than music. All of the speakers that came up and said a few things sounded great. I did not purchase a pair of these to run my DJ shows or anything with the bands that I work with. I wanted to have a good set of PA speakers for more of weddings and banquet type of stuff.
    Since I purchase these I have only used them officially maybe 6 times and only one of those times focused on playing music. It has worked great each time, and these have become my go to speakers when I am at a smaller event that has speakers that are going to talk to the crowd. I have also used these once at a personal event of my own (cookout) and it sounded amazing. They are very light and portable. They also get very loud and the sound is crystal clear. The only issue that I have with them is when it comes to using them for live instruments; I did not like the tonal quality it provided for guitars and other instruments. It just didn’t give a natural sound to the acoustic guitars and some of the bass guitars.
    I even used the B215XL with about 4 different microphones and I still was not happy with the sound of the guitars coming through these speakers. So it has just kind of been put away for smaller events that focus more on speeches like weddings and cookouts. I do not use them much, but instead of purchasing something else I figured I will just keep them in the storage unit in case someone wants to rent them out.