JBL JRX115
JBL JRX115
JimboSpins JimboSpins

« The Bass was not good! »

Published on 01/20/13 at 23:45
The JBL JRX 115 cost me about 700 dollars brand new when I purchased them back in 2008. They are made well and will last a long time but the only thing that I didn’t like about them was the low end sound. I felt like the bass/ low frequencies just were not clean enough for what I wanted to use them for. This was very upsetting to me because I am a huge fan of JBL speakers and live sound equipment. I felt like they dropped the ball with the low end on these speakers.
The mids and highs sounding great, and the bass sounds ok when the speakers are not playing at anywhere near max volume. But once you start to crank up the volume I could hear major flaws in the way the bass sounded. I have even tried them with several different mixers, but no matter what mixer or style of music I played it still was not to my liking.
I kept these speakers for no more than 90 days then could not return them to the store so I had to sell them on Ebay. I almost got back what I paid for them so I was happy with it. If you really do not care how clean your low end sound is then these may be for you. But with the style of music that I partake in (dance, techno, hiphop and pretty much anything upbeat) these just would not satisfy me.
To JBL’s credit, these are more of the “affordable” speakers that they came out with that year. I have used about 7 different speakers from JBL and all of them sounded pretty good especially the ones on the higher price range. Maybe I just expected too much out of these speakers, or maybe I expect too much out of JBL because of some of the stuff I have got from them before. But these where a disappointment to me!