K-Array launches a foldable loudspeaker
K-Array, division of Sennheiser, unveils the Anakonda, a new snake-shape design passive loudspeaker that can be folded.
The Anakonda KAN200 speaker can be installed in any space, indoor and outdoor, and thanks to its foldable design, users can, for example, wrap it around a column or install in into asymmetrical rooms.
The 6' long snake features eight 1" neodymium cone speakers with 0.75" voice coils. 16 Anakonda can be chained via NL4 connectors. Being passive, K-Array recommends the use of the KA40 power amp (supporting 16 Anakonda per channel) and complete de setup with KMT12 and KMT18 subwoofers. Presets are available for different types of configurations, with or without the subwoofers.
- Handling power: 150W AES
- Frequency range: 150Hz - 18kHz (±6dB)
- Impedance : 64 Ohms
- Max SPL : 96dB program / 102dB peak
- Diffusion angle: 60°H x 10°V
- External crossover required
The Anakonda KAN200 is available in the USA for the price of $899.95. More info at www.k-array.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Appsys ADX-16 ADAT extension box Appys launches an 8x8 ADAT through Cat5 connector extension box, called ADX-16, that was introduced during Musikmesse 2013.
- Peavey completes is Escort loudspeakers series Architectural Acoustics by Peavey announces the availability of two new Escort portable loudspeaker systems, the 5000 and 6000 models.
- Tannoy updates QFlex BeamEngine software Tannoy announces the release of v1.25b2 update of its BeamEngine control software for the QFlex array range.